Friday, September 21, 2012

Slacker

I am such a slacker when it comes to this blog. I think since I post so many pictures on facebook I just feel like everyone knows what's going on because of that and then writing on the blog just seems like another chore I don't want to take time to do...BUT..the 2 older kids are at school and Kayla is sleeping, so instead of cleaning the house( which I REALLY should be doing) I am on the computer once again..
Kayla recently turned 9 months old and had her well visit on Wednesday. She weighed in at 19.5lbs and was 27 3/4 inches tall which put her in the 75% for both. Just to compare, Aubrey was 22lbs and 28.25 inches..thank goodness for baby books, otherwise I would never remember what the other kids were like.
Kayla pulls herself up on EVERYTHING! Yesterday I caught her after she had climbed up one of the stairs and was going for the next one. Time for the stair baby gates! She is very curious, puts anything and everything in her mouth, and is VERY independent. Development wise her doctor said she's doing everything she's supposed to be doing, which is a relief! For a long time she wasn't saying mama, so I got a little concerned but then last week as she was crawling towards me she said " mom". So I then knew she was fine.:)
The other 2 still adore her and we all have a fun time watching what she will do next.

This year Braden is in 1st grade and overall loves school. One thing he's not too fond of is the homework everyday, but he's getting more cooperative with that as long as we do it soon after school ( before he gets too tired). He loves it when they have their "specials", loves getting hot lunch and of course loves having 2 recesses ( typical boy).

Somedays I feel like Aubrey and Braden have switched roles. Typically Aubrey was the more difficult child, but lately I feel like she's been easier then him. She LOVES school this year and asks if she can go everyday. She only goes monday, wednesday, and friday, which I think is good because those days she doesn't get a nap and is usually pretty tired at night so tuesday and thursday are catch up on sleep days. She takes ballet on tuesdays (which I totally forgot about this week, whoops!) which she loves, but I did not sign her up for the nutcracker this year. It's right on Kayla's birthday and just too close to all of the Christmas chaos..so we are skipping it. Aubrey was disappointed,but she will get over it.

As for Jason and I, we are glad that the madness of the spring/summer is over. Fall really slows down for us, which we LOVE. I am taking a cookie decorating class on saturday from my good friend who makes the kids birthday cakes every year and I am organizing a neighborhood garage sale..Jason thinks I'm crazy, but it's really not that much work and I am dying to get rid of all of our JUNK!!! Other then that I am looking forward to apple picking, picking out pumpkins, Halloween, and all things fall! It is my favorite time of year and I just love the coolness outside (at least for today anyway:))

Typical Aubrey..
Our bathing beauty



                                                            Alex and Emily's wedding

 
Dad and Aubrey playing Barbies








 



                                        Our visit to the Detroit Zoo..the kids love this zoo!




Crawling through furniture at Grandma's

                                                                 One of 3 beach days!





I decided to include some pictures that people haven't seen on facebook from the summer.:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment